DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
1. STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the 'memory' of the Snappi® to return to its original size and in so doing, pulls the diaper together to the middle to allow for a snug fit. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly. This is done by holding the Snappi® in the center with one hand and close to the end of the leg (not by the rings) with the other hand and s-t-r-e-t-c-h a few times (10 or so). As you do this you should feel how the material 'softens' or gets more elastic. Follow this stretching procedure with each leg. The Snappi® is then ready to go!
2. Make sure that your Snappi® is ATTACHED SECURELY. It is important that the Snappi® 'leg' being attached be stretched as far as possible before hooking it into the diaper. In other words:
s-t-r-e-t-c-h and hook right,
s-t-r-e-t-c-h down and hook center so as to form a 'Y' shape.
NOTE: Snappi's WORK BEST with cotton prefolds (Chinese or DSQ), terry cloth diapers and other cloth diapers with a loose enough weave for the Snappi to hook into. They do not work well with tightly woven diapers such as flannel diapers.
- ALWAYS use a cover when using a Snappi® fastener on your baby's diaper.
- Keep out of children's reach when not in use!
- Do not use your Snappi® for longer than 6 months.
- Do not leave your Snappi® lying in the sun as it is not UV resistant and can reduce the effectiveness of the Snappi®.
CARE: Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder them with diapers in the washer as this may weaken the grip attachment.
CAUTION: Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard. Inspect your Snappi® before each use and discontinue using immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of the teeth or any other parts. Do not cut your Snappi® as this may cause tearing.