Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefold
- Revolutionary design is easy to clean, quick to dry, and grows with your baby
- Made from soft custom hemp jersey knitted in the USA
- 2 layers in each panel provide 12 thirsty layers of hemp cotton when trifolded
- 55% hemp, 45% organic cotton
- 25% more absorbent and much more durable than pure cotton
- Maintains a trim and comfortable fit
- Naturally antimicrobial
Thirsties is revolutionizing the most widely used cloth diaper in the world. Prefold cloth diapers are popular for their affordability and are the most common diaper supplied by cloth diaper services. Though they don't share all the bells and whistles as other more modern cloth diapers, they have their definite and permanent place in the industry and they have been proven dependable and economical.
However, Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefolds are no ordinary prefold! Ordinary prefolds are bulky and take a long time to dry. When hung to dry, they can become stiff and crunchy. In addition, most prefolds are 8 layers thick in the middle, which makes it difficult to clean all layers of the diaper thoroughly. Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefolds are designed to allow water and air to flow through the 2 layer thick panels, permitting thorough cleansing with little effort and quick drying times. When trifolded the prefold provides 12 total layers of thirsty hemp cotton!
Our custom hemp jersey is as soft as your favorite t-shirt and it's knitted with love right here in the USA. Hemp is an ideal diaper fabric as it displays antimicrobial properties, is many times more durable, and is more absorbent than cotton. In fact, our hemp jersey is 25% more absorbent than a prefold of the same weight made from cotton alone! This translates into a very trim and effective cloth diaper with a hefty amount of absorbing power.
Size One: 6-18 lbs - Before washing measures 13.5"h x 15"w
Size Two: 18-40 lbs - Before washing measures 16.5"h x 16.5"w
Content: 55% hemp/45% cotton
Made in USA
FAQs About Kelly’s Closet, Thirsties, Diapers, & All Things Baby
How can I earn free diapers and other products?
On all your qualifying purchases, (and almost every item in our store qualifies) you will earn points for every product you buy. Once you’ve earned enough points you can redeem them for a gift certificate to spend at our store. Click for more information on how to earn free diapers.
How does free shipping work?
Our free shipping on orders of $25 or more applies to standard shipping within the contiguous US and to military families living overseas with an APO or FPO.
How fast will my order ship?
We typically process orders within 1-3 business days (M-F, excluding holidays and snow days) and shipping confirmations typically gets sent in the afternoon. For more on our shipping times please refer to our shipping policy.
Do you have other types of products for toddlers? Or Moms?
Absolutely! Kelly’s Closet is working to become your trusted resource for so many of the things that moms, babies, and toddlers need. For moms, we have everything from stylish, functional, and affordable diaper bags (including top selling – jujube diaper bags) to super handy breast milk storage bags. For babies, we have everything from the best baby carriers, (including the ever-popular moby wrap) to Baltic amber teething necklaces. Whether your toddler is ready to graduate to training pants or you are looking for reliable swim diapers for the child who just wants to splash around, we have you covered. Browse the site or give our helpful staff a call to learn about the latest and greatest things for babies, toddlers, and moms.
Why should I choose cloth diapers over disposables?
There are a number of reasons why you should choose cloth diapers over disposables, including:
- They are more affordable. One study concluded that cloth diapers save the average family more than $1500 in the first two and a half years versus disposable diapers.
- They are better for the environment. Each year, approximately 27 billion disposable diapers end up in landfills in the US alone.
- They are healthier for your baby. Disposable diapers often contain dioxins, sodium polyacrylate, and other potentially harmful chemicals.
- They are more comfortable for your baby. Most families quickly discover that cloth diapers are more absorbent and made of softer materials than disposables.
- They are simply cuter, and come in so many more styles, colors, and patterns. Just look at all of these cute cloth diapers
How many cloth diapers do I need?
We think a stash of 15-24 cloth diapers is great, but you can have more or less depending on your specific budget and lifestyle. You can learn a lot more on our daily diapers page.
Can I trust Thirsties products?
In this day and age, with lots of cheap (and sometimes even dangerous) knock-offs from over-seas, this is a very reasonable question. Kelly’s Closet does the work for you, making sure that we work with reputable companies that produce high quality products that are safe for you and your child. Thirsties is a brand you can trust. Shop our full line of Thirsties diapers currently in stock.